Outdoor Show December 8th 2020
Tip Of The Week.
This is our last show of the year. Chuck and I along with the WHIZ staff wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. The tip of the week and year is be a good person, get involved with that interest which you believe in. Myself I look for the manufacturers that support the second amendment and encourage people to not shop at a store or buy a product from anyone who doesn’t support it. Take someone out in the outdoors and get them interested. Hunting, fishing, hiking or boating there is plenty to enjoy and be thankful for in the outdoors and most of all be safe.
Recipe Of The Week.
- 1.5-2 pounds of wild game
- 1 onion
- 4 cups of carrots (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lard or duck fat
- 10 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 bottle red wine (375 mL)
- 28oz crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken or wild game stock
- 3 teaspoons fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (chopped)
- If working with legs and thighs – salt and pepper both sides. Let them sit for about 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Add broth to a crock pot and turn it on the low setting.
- Heat up lard or duck fat in a pan and brown meat on both sides. Set aside.
- Turn down the heat to med-low and add the onions, carrots, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. Sauté until the garlic is fragrant and beginning to brown.
- Add the wine and let simmer on low for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally as needed.
- Add everything in the pan and the crushed tomatoes to the crock pot.
- Cook on low setting for 12-18 hours.
- When finished you can either carefully pull out one goose leg as I did in the picture and spoon sauce on the plate or remove the legs, shred the meat, then add it back into the stew. The choice is yours and either choice is a good choice!