Tip Of The Week:
By now you should have your new hunting/fishing licenses and permission slips to hunt on private property. Bow season is coming and your new deer tag should be in your hand but if you don’t bow hunt get your deer tag before October 15 as they are going up along with fall turkey tags. Stands should be in place and shooting lanes cut so the deer are used to it. Check archery equipment and your hunting cloths.
Recipe Of The Week:
Homemade Tomato Relish Recipe
Fresh tomatoes, onions and peppers combine with delicious pickling ingredients to become a fabulous new condiment with bright fresh flavor!
Cuisine American #Vegan #Vegetarian
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 10 servings
Author Souper Chef Deb
- 1 cup diced tomatoes finely diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced finely diced
- 1/2 Fresno chili pepper or jalapeño pepper finely diced, seeds removed
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Finely dice the tomatoes and onion.
- Slice the chili pepper in half, remove the ribs and seeds. Finely dice.
- Mix together all of the ingredients. Pour into a small jar and seal. Let stand for at least an hour. Refrigerate any unused portions.
- Keeps in the refrigerator up to two weeks.
Calories: 14kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Sodium: 119mg | Potassium: 45mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 2.2mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.3mg