Outdoor Show 9th November
Tip Of The Week.
The cold weather will be upon us every day soon. This is a good time to make sure your boots keep your feet dry and warm. Better to test them now than when you hit the field and find a leak or they just aren’t as warm as you remember. Try on the hunting clothes to make sure they still fit. Archery hunters most likely have already done this but if you are a gun hunter you may have not given it much thought until now. Dress in layers so if it does warm up you can shed some clothes and stay warm but dry.
Recipe Of The Week.
A fresh, simple dip that can be thrown together in under 15 minutes! This Cowboy Caviar makes a great side dish for any picnic, potluck, or party, and is a great way to use up your summer produce!
- 3Roma tomatoes seeds removed, diced
- 2ripe avocados diced
- ⅓cup red onion diced
- 15oz black beans rinsed and drained
- 15oz black eyed peas rinsed and drained
- 1 ½cups frozen sweet corn thawed (I just usually toss it in the salad frozen unless I plan on eating it immediately, it thaws quite quickly)
- 1bell pepper diced (I used half a green and half a red, but color doesn’t matter)
- 1jalapeno pepper seeds removed, diced into very small pieces
- ⅓cup Cilantro finely chopped
- ⅓cup olive oil
- 2tablespoons lime juice fresh preferred
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1teaspoon sugar
- ½teaspoon salt
- ½teaspoon pepper
- ¼teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chipsfor serving
- Combine tomatoes, avocado, onion, black beans, black eyed peas, corn, pepper, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss/stir well so that ingredients are well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour dressing over other ingredients and stir/toss very well.
- Keep refrigerated. If not serving immediately, be sure to toss/stir well before serving.