Outdoor Show 7th December
Tip Of The Week.
This is the last show of the season. Thank you to our sponsors for once again supporting the program. Thanks to our loyal listeners. Thanks to Brenda for putting up with us. The New Year brings hope so be kind to your fellow man, help those in need. Enjoy the outdoors and all that it offers but do it with respect. On behalf of Chuck, Brenda and I and all the WHIZ Staff Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. See you all next fall!
Recipe Of The Week.
Smoked Pheasant Cheese Ball
1 ½ cups smoked pheasant meat
¾ cup almonds
6 large pitted green olives
1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
½ tsp smoked paprika
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Remove the meat from the smoked pheasant, taking extra care to remove the sinew and tendons from the leg meat especially. An average bird should yield about 2 cups of meat. Roughly chop the meat into smaller pieces.
2. Add the pheasant, almonds, olives, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and cheddar cheese to a heavy-duty food processor. If using smoked paprika and cayenne, add here. Pulse until the mixture is evenly and finely chopped.
3. Add the softened cream cheese in chunks. Process until well combined. The mixture will be stiff, so using room temperature cream cheese will help prevent the food processor from working too hard.
4. Place a piece of plastic wrap on a work surface and scrape the pheasant mixture out of the food processor bowl onto the plastic wrap. Using your hands and the plastic wrap, form the mixture into a ball shape.
5. Spread the toasted almonds on a cutting board or plate and roll the cheese ball into the almonds, pressing down slightly to ensure the coating adheres.
6. Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.