Governor’s Stay-at-Home Order
Genesis how to access the care that you need during these difficult times.
Statement from Genisis Hospital on COVID-19
Dr. Jack Butterfield, Director, Zanesville Muskingum County Health Department
Message from Mayor Mason on the Virus.
U.S. Cases: 427,460
U.S. Deaths: 14,696
Updated April 9, 2020
Ohio Cases: 5,512
Ohio Deaths: 213
Updated April 9, 2020
Numbers from https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/.
The numbers will be updated every day around 2:00 PM.
Deaths in Muskingum County and Adjacent Counties
Cases in Muskingum County and Adjacent Counties
Public Health Orders
Local COVID-19 Headlines
- Muskingum County Reports 8th Confirmed Coronavirus CaseThe Muskingum County Joint Unified Command Thursday is reporting an 8th Muskingum County residents has tested positive for COVID-19. The positive test was recorded in a 45-year-old woman who lives in Muskingum County. She is in her home recovering. This case is not related to previous cases in the county. No additional information about the … Read more
- Muskingum County Hunger Network offer drive-up window for donationsZANESVILLE – Christ' Table is one of over ten Zanesville organizations that benefits from the food donations conducted by the Muskingum County Hunger Network Starting last week and continuing on Friday, people interested in donation food are now able to drop off their food into a drive-up window as opposed to entering Secrest Auditorium and … Read more
- Traditional food and donations give-away cancelledZANESVILLE – The give-away that is held every second Friday of each month at the South Zanesville Village Park will not be taking place Friday. The give-aways have averaged about 800 to 1 thousand visitors each month for the last two years. Tomorrow's cancellation is due to a lack of personal protective equipment. "The reason … Read more
- Governor DeWine: I’m Optimistic About Ohio COVID-19 Cases/Protests Outside StatehouseGovernor Mike DeWine held his daily coronavirus briefing at the Statehouse in Columbus Thursday and he struck an optimistic note. He says an Ohio State University model released this week by the Ohio Department of Health shows that new daily cases are now expected to peak April 19th at 1,607 which is down from the … Read more
- Area Residents Support Navy’s Efforts in Covid-19 SupportHospitalmen Tyler Pitcock and Thomas King providing support during Covid-19 Pandemic Two area residents are assisting in the US Navy's response to the Covid-19 pandemic. Hospitalman Tyler Pitcock, from Zanesville, is serving on the USNS Mercy. He's responsible for assisting anesthesia providers during surgeries, intubating, monitoring patients and starting IVs. This is Pitcock's first mission. … Read more
- Muskingum County Records 7th Positive Case of CoronavirusThe Muskingum County Joint Unified Command Center is reporting Wednesday its 7th Muskingum County resident who has tested positive for COVID-19. The positive test was recorded in a 65-year-old woman who lives in the county. She is home recovering. This case is not related to the previous cases. No other information will be released. Muskingum … Read more
- Provisional statistic says amount of traffic has decreased by 44% from last MarchZANESVILLE – The decrease is taken from March of this year and compared to March of 2019. This drop-off can be found in Muskingum County and the largest contributing factor is the pandemic. "So, there has been a reduction in crashes. Even in Muskingum County, we're seeing a reduction in crashes, mainly, you know, because … Read more
- Naomi House bears gifts to Zanesville-Muskingum Co. Health Dept.ZANESVILLE – The all women's chapter from Muskingum Behavioral Health is a house of women in need of recovery services. They were happy to supply the health department with their "gratitude bags" Wednesday afternoon. "At Naomi and Recovery we talk gratitude and action work and to show our gratitude for the health department for letting … Read more
- Stress line available for people seeking advice related to COVID-19.ZANESVILLE – AllWell's Covid-19 stress line went into effect at noon today. AllWell has experts waiting to listen to provide emotional support and resources. "It's a toll free number that can be called at any time day or night and anybody who calls will get an expert at AllWell to listen, to provide advice, to … Read more
- Governor DeWine: Ohio Corrections Office Dies of COVID-19Governor Mike DeWine Wednesday announced the death of a corrections worker from coronavirus during his daily COVID-19 briefing at the Statehouse in Columbus. He is 55-year-old John Dawson of Mansfield who worked at the Marion Correction Institution. Dawson tested positive on March 30th and is the second officer to test positive in the Marion facility. … Read more