CAMBRIDGE, Ohio— Bond has been set at $1 million for a Guernsey County woman charged in connection to the death of her son.
29- year-old Tierra Mounts of Cambridge was indicted last week for her role in the death of her son, Wyatt Mounts, in August of 2018.
Mounts faces 33 felony charges, including:
- 1 count of Murder (Unclassified felony)
- 1 count of Permitting Child Abuse (F-1)
- 1 count of Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity (F-1)
- 5 counts of Felonious Assault (F-2)
- 20 counts of Endangering Children (F-3)
- 4 counts of Obstructing Justice (F-3)
- 1 count of Tampering with Evidence (F-3)
According to the indictment, Wyatt Mounts was the repeated victim of felonious assaults by his mother. Tierra Mounts allegedly tried to conceal the ongoing child abuse while continuing to commit actions that led to Wyatt’s death .
Tierra Mounts’ boyfriend, Marvin Benson, was convicted on March 13, 2019, for the murder of Wyatt Mounts and sentenced to life in prison.