A handful of area athletes inked National Letters of Intent with Division I colleges on the first day of the early signing period Wednesday.
- Sheridan’s Dylan Dupler signed to pitch for Marshall University. The three-sport standout was a first team All-MVL and first team All-Southeast District selection as a junior.
- Tri-Valley first baseman Riley Paxson will continue her career at Michigan State University, where she verbally committed as a freshman. The Lady ‘Dawg earned All-Ohio honors in 2015, hitting .538 with 43 RBI, 9 doubles and 9 home runs.
- Lakewood pitcher Courtney Vierstra is headed to Miami University of Ohio. Vierstra went 21-0 in the cricle for the Lady Lancers last season with a 0.50 ERA. She helped Lakewood capture its fourth state championship, earning first team All-Ohio accolades.
- Lakewood infielder Brenna Brownfield is joining her teammate in the Mid-American Conference after signing with Kent State. Brownfield was a first team All-Ohio selection for Criss Nadolson’s Lady Lancers in her junior season.
- Newark basketball forward B.J. Duling is taking his talents to Kent State. The 6-foot-7 forward earned honorable mention All-Ohio honors as a junior, averaging 19.5 points and 8.7 rebounds for Jeff Quakenbush’s Wildcats.
- Coshocton’s Andrew Mason signed to continue his baseball career at Ohio Dominican University. Mason earned second team All-East District and second team All-ECOL Gray honors as a junior.
Please follow and like us: