ZANESVILLE, Ohio -Â A major gas leak earlier today forced the closing of a Zanesville street and evacuation of a nearby school.
The leak occurred at the corner of Lee St. and Linden Ave. this morning. Zanesville Fire Chief, Eric Waltemire, said crews from Columbia Gas and Energy Cooperative were called out this morning to check out the leak.
A large amount of gas was discovered coming out of a line near the Zanesville Day Nursery. The building was evacuated around 12:45 this afternoon. Students and staff were taken to the Wings of Hope Tabernacle Church.
The leak has been repaired, and Lee St. was reopened around 5:30 this evening.